Abstract Submission System Opens
Thursday, Sep. 15, 2022
Abstract Submission Deadline
Thursday, Dec. 15, 2022
23:59 Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023 (GMT+8)
Notification of Abstract Acceptance
Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2023
Friday, Mar. 3, 2023
Deadline for Author Registration
Wednesday, Mar. 15, 2023
23:59 Saturday, Apr. 1, 2023 (GMT+8)
Comparative Effectiveness and Outcomes Research
Innovation and New Technologies
Abstract topics are not limited to Robotic Surgery. Any topics about minimally invasive approaches for esophagus or upper gastrointestinal tract, including thoraco-laparoscopic, robot-assisted or hybrid approaches, are welcome.
Click the abstract submission button
Fill out abstract
Review and modify until the submission deadline
1. Applicants may either apply for the travel grant when submitting abstracts before the deadline of abstract submission (Feb. 1, 2023).
2. UGIRA Member: Please use your special code that UGIRA sends to individual members when you sign up. If you didn't receive the special code from UGIRA’s email, please check your spam or contact Lianne (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your special code for identifying UGIRA member.
- All abstracts must be submitted online.
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- Encore abstracts (previously presented in other international conferences or published in scientific Journals) can be submitted.
- The number of abstracts submitted for each account is unlimited.
- Each abstract can only be submitted once, i.e. the same abstract cannot be submitted for consideration in different abstract categories.
- Authors have the option of choosing their presentation type (Oral, e-Poster). However, the scientific committee will make the final decision after review.
- The Congress offers travel grants to young presenters coming from overseas. Travel grants will be given to presenters whose abstracts have been accepted. Each winner is entitled to USD 1,000.
- Abstract Author
- All correspondence will be sent to the person submitting the abstract (presenting author).
- Full payment for the presenting authors is required to be entitled to present.
- The number of co-authors is limited to maximum of 10.
- Abstract Title
- The title must not exceed 30 words in length.
- Author and/or institution information must not appear in the title. If author and/or institution names appear, the abstract will be disqualified.
- Initial letters have to be capitalized.
- No full stop (or period) at the end of the title.
- Abstract Body/Text
- The abstract body must not exceed 500 words in length including spaces.
- The abstract body should be structured into the following four sections: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- Author and/or institution information must not appear in the abstract body. If the author and/or institution names appear, the abstract will be disqualified.
- Abstracts may be typed up directly into the site or copied and pasted.
- Ensure that your abstract is grammatically correct and free of typographical errors. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the submitter.
- Images and tables must not be pasted in the abstract, but they need to be uploaded separately into the abstract submission system by clicking the appropriate button.
- Provide images in JPG, GIF, PNG, or TIF format, to a maximum file size of 5MB per image. Each Abstract may provide ONE image only.
- Surgical Video (Abstract Category 4)
- Videos must have a duration of 7 minutes or less from start to finish. This duration includes any time to show the title or any information associated with the video.
- Video abstracts should include a title and the following sections: Objective, Case Video Summary and Conclusions for a maximum of 200 words.
- Objective: The hypothesis tested or the purpose of the study.
- Case Video Summary: Brief summary of the case video.
- Conclusions: Clinical importance and potential significance of findings
- The video should focus on novel procedures, interesting techniques, difficult problems, or noteworthy cases.
- The video must be in MP4 format, to a maximum file size of 200 MB per video. Do not include music in your video, unless it is copyright free.
- The abstract text and video must be anonymous. i.e. without any authors’ or institutions’ names. Do not include the name of the hospital, university or city.
Summary of the Submission
- All submissions must be made via the UGIRA 2023 website ugira-taiwan.org by Feb. 1, 2023.
- If you do not complete the submission process, your information will be held in temporary storage until you return later to complete your submission. Please note that your submission must be completed before the submission deadline.
- Confirmation of abstract submission will be sent to the presenting author’s email address immediately upon submission. The confirmation will specify the abstract number.
- The acceptance of abstracts will be notified via e-mail to the presenting author on Mar. 3, 2023.
- The presenting author must register for the UGIRA 2023 before Apr. 1, 2023.
- Authors of abstracts accepted for presentation are responsible for all expenses incurred in the production of their presentations, travel and accommodation during the congress.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented in either an oral presentation or an e-Poster display during the congress.
- For oral presenters, presentations will consist of a 7-minutes presentation, followed by 3 minutes discussion or Q&A.
- For e-Poster display, 1 electronic poster will be presented in vertical format on a 16:9 (W1080*H1920) JPG file.
- If the presenting author of an accepted abstract does not register by the registration date (Apr. 1, 2023), the abstract will be automatically withdrawn from the final program.
- All presenting authors will receive details about presentation type, date and time once their abstract/s has/have been accepted
Copyright & Legal Obligation
- All information in the abstract submission, including the author’s name, affiliation, sequence of the author(s) and co-author(s), and the content of the abstract will be used in the congress publications.
- The presenting author carries legal obligations of the abstract; any violation of a third party’s right will be the sole responsibility of the presenting author him/herself.
- The First UGIRA Congress has the right to use the abstract, content and any information submitted at the conference for scientific purposes without any prior notice to the authors.
- For any inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
- If your inquiry is about a particular draft or submission, please include the abstract number in your email.